Envion is a new ICO that plans to manufacture shipping containers filled with cryptocurrency mining rigs which can be placed at solar farms or wind farms to obtain electricity at the cheapest rates available.
This is a breakthrough concept, considering the fact that electricity is the largest cost associated with mining.
Envion is currently in a public token sale and is selling tokens for $1.00 per token up to 14 January 2018.
Let’s dig in and discuss what Envion is all about.
Envion aims to bring together two of the greatest inventions of the 21st century – renewable energy and blockchain technology.
Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies require great amounts of processing power to validate transactions and secure the blockchain (a process commonly called mining). Mining requirements have increased dramatically as cryptocurrencies became more mainstream in 2017.
To keep cryptocurrencies alive, miners need one very precious commodity – electricity. And lots of it. Some studies estimate that the entire mining community now consumes more electricity than some small countries!
This is the problem that Envion tries to solve.
Currently in fund-raising, Envion plans to build a fleet of Mobile Mining Units (MMUs) – essentially shipping containers filled with state-of-the-art mining rigs and fitted with a patented cooling system – that can be transported anywhere in the world and placed at locations where energy costs are cheapest.
Envion plans to specifically target solar and wind farms that are often left with large amounts of overcapacities that the grid cannot consume immediately. By placing their containers right at these sources of electricity, Envion will be able to negotiate very competitive prices to purchase these overcapacities.
The Mobile Mining Unit
Envion’s flagship product, the Mobile Mining Unit, will consist of standard sized shipping containers filled with mining rigs, cooling technology, and a host of automated support systems such as power distribution and systems.
The following components will form part of each MMU:
- Shipping container housing – standard sizes allow easy transport both on cargo ships and cross-country. Containers can also be stacked on top of one another at the energy source.
- Mining equipment – Each MMU will contain a mixture of ASIC mining hardware and GPUs. These can be set up in various configurations. Envion mentioned that the equipment will be able to mine Bitcoin, Ethereum, and various other cryptocurrencies, depending on mining conditions
- Cooling system – The cooling system in each MMU consist of two large fans and a host of air-ducts that have been strategically placed to allow optimal wind-flow. This ensures the mining equipment doesn’t overheat.
- Power supply – Each MMU comes manufactured with all the needed power equipment. When deployed on-site, the operator simply needs to connect a three-phase power plug from the solar farm.
- Security system – MMUs are fitted with security cameras and access is allows only via password-protected doors. In addition, these MMUs will be hosted in areas that are already under tight security.
Partnerships in Progress
By making it possible to mine cryptocurrencies using cheap renewable energy, Envion is removing the strains on conventional fossil-fuel electricity to mine cryptocurrencies, while at the same time bringing down mining costs.
This creates a win-win solution for all involved, and according to the Envion Announcement Telegram group, many companies have expressed interest in partnering with Envion:
- Offers were received from various solar and wind farms that want to host Envion’s mobile mining units and sell their overcapacities.
- Envion were able to secure priority claims to a large batch of ASIC miners and GPUs for their mining rigs.
- Offers were also received from third-party corporate institutions who want to invest in MMUs after the ICO.
The Envion ICO
Envion is currently raising funds to manufacture these MMUs through a public ICO.
The ICO is currently in progress and will continue up to 14 January 2018. Tokens are available at $1.00 per token.
Most of the raised funds will be used to manufacture MMUs while a small percentage will go to company overheads. Envion is promising at least 161% return on investment.
Token holders will be entitled to:
- 100% of all mining profits, of which 75% is paid out weekly and 25% is reinvested.
- 35% of profits resulting from MMU sales to third-parties after the ICO.
- Voting rights as to which coins should be mined and where MMUs will be placed.
A total of 150 million tokens are available.
Envion’s mobile mining units are set to disrupt the mining industry with new technology and cheaper solutions.
Invest before 14 January 2018 to be a part of this movement.